Carolina Orthopedic Specialists
Benefits of the race:
Proceeds from the Carolina Orthopedic Specialists’ Oktoberfest Footrace will be split equally between the four Hospices in Alexander, Burke, Caldwell and Catawba Counties. Using a holistic approach, Hospice serves the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the terminally ill and their family members. Hospice helps patients live as pain-free and comfortably as possible, so they can enjoy each day with their loved ones. Due in large part to community support, Hospice care is provided to anyone who needs it, regardless of their ability to pay. Carolina Orthopedic Specialists believes that Hospice is such a worthy cause and one that touches the lives of so many. We are excited to help support the programs they offer.
The following registration methods are available:
- Online: www.racingtoes.com
- Mail: Print this brochure and email the application to the address provided within.
- Onsite Race Day: Registration will be available from 7:00 am until 7:45 am in the parking lot across from City Hall.
- Fleet Feet Sports: Registration is available at Fleet Feet until 7:00 pm on October 8th. Fleet Feet is located at 1776 North Center Street (Hwy 127), Hickory, NC 28601. For directions call (828) 304-4RUN.
Race packets may be picked up on Friday, October 9th from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Oktoberfest Main Stage area in the parking lot across from City Hall next to the VIP tent. Five minute parking will be available on Center Street across from City Hall. Race packets will also be available for pick-up on race day, Saturday, October 10th from 7:00 am until 7:45 am at the registration site.
Parking for the event is located between City Hall and the railroad tracks at the southeast corner of Main Avenue NW and North Center Street.
The Fun Run (1 city block) will begin at 8:00 am with the 5K starting at 8:30 am near the corner of Main Avenue NW and Center Street. The 5K will continue on Main Avenue through Union Square. The courses will guide runners through downtown Hickory and both will end back on Center Street. For a complete map of the 5K course visit www.racingtoes.com and click on the race link. The 5K course is USATF certified.
Fun Run and 5K participants pre-registered by September 25th are guaranteed a race shirt. Participants registered after that date, will receive race
shirts on a first come first serve basis. Please mark desired shirt size on the registration form.
Door prizes will be given out after the race. The awards ceremony will be held shortly after the last runner crosses the finish line.
- Top 3 overall male and female runners and top 3 male and female masters for each race will receive a plaque. Overall winners will not be eligible for age group awards.
- Top 3 male and female finishers in the following age groups for each race will receive an award.
- Age groups: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Fun Run awards will be given to the top 3 male and top 3 female finishers.
First aid and emergency care will be provided by the Hickory Rescue Squad.
The Courtyard by Marriott located at 1946 13th Ave Drive SE in Hickory is offering a discounted rate for race participants. Reserve a room by September 25th and receive a rate of $99.00 per night. To make a reservation call (828) 267-2100. Tell them you are participating in the Carolina Orthopaedic Specialists’ Oktoberfest Footrace.